Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Establishes alignment of head hips and heels without having to breathe.
- Allows you to feel the buoyancy of your body in the water.
- Teaches you to relax and let the water hold you up instead of fighting to stay afloat.
- Teaches you to keep your knees in line with your body as you kick
How To Do It:
- Laying face up in the water
- Hands at your sides
- Legs should be extended out behind you
- Head and neck into a neutral position
- Make your body as long as you can
- Kick across the pool maintaining your body position
- Keep your knees below the surface of the water – don’t let them break the surface
Things To Focus On:
- Float as high as you can in the water
- Keep your head, hips and heels all in one straight line with each other.
- Keep the kick light and just strong enough to keep you moving forward
, More Balance Drills For You: