Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Establishes alignment of head hips and heels
- Allows you to feel the buoyancy of your body in the water.
- Teaches you to relax and let the water hold you up instead of fighting to stay afloat
- Removes the ability to push down on the water to support the breath
How To Do It:
- Laying face down in the water
- Arms should be extended out in front of you in the “Number 11 Position”
- Hands should be closed in a fist
- Legs should be extended out behind you
- Head and neck into a neutral position
- Make your body as long as you can
- Kick across the pool maintaining your body position and closed fists
- When you need to breathe raise your head and breath in through your mouth then place your head back down in the water.
- Allow your hips to sink on the breath, then reestablish your balance position as quickly as possible.
Things To Focus On:
- Float as high as you can in the water
- Keep your head, hips and heels all in one straight line with each other.
- Keep the kick light and just strong enough to keep you moving forward
- Don’t rush through the length
- Keep your arms as still as possible as you lift your head to breathe
, More Balance Drills For You: