Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Establishes alignment of head hips and heels.
- Allows you to feel the buoyancy of your body in the water.
- Teaches you to relax and let the water hold you up instead of fighting to stay afloat.
How To Do It:
- Laying face down in the water
- Hands at your sides
- Legs should be extended out behind you
- Head and neck into a neutral position
- Make your body as long as you can
- Kick across the pool maintaining your body position
- When you need to breathe raise your head (so only your mouth comes out the water) breath in through your mouth and place your head back down in the water.
Things To Focus On:
- Float as high as you can in the water
- Keep your head, hips and heels all in one straight line with each other.
- Keep the kick light and just strong enough to keep you moving forward
- Allow your hips to sink when you lift your head to breathe, experience the low hip position and then correct it by getting your hips back up to the surface once you return your face to the water.
, More Balance Drills For You: