Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Allows us to test your natural floatability
- Demonstrates how your lungs float while your legs sink.
How To Do It:
- Begin with a mushroom float by
- Taking a deep breath in and then hold your breath
- Lift your feet up off the floor and lower your head into the water
- Tuck your body into a ball, bring your knees up to your chest and hold your shins with your hands.
- Once you’ve floated up to the surface, release your legs and begin to extend them out behind you.
- As you extend your legs out behind you, stretch your arms out in front of you at the same time.
- Notice how your legs sink as you open up your body
- When your legs have stopped sinking or you run out of breath, stand up
Things To Focus On:
- Make sure you take a deep breath in. Fill up your lungs with air before you lift your feet and drop your head into the water.
- Try to relax your body as much as possible as you do the test.