Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Teaches you to maintain a straight line from head to heels through the rotation
- Helps you learn to integrate your hips and core into your stroke
- Teaches you to be patient and control your breathing
How To Do It:
- Laying face down in the water
- Hands at your sides
- Legs should be extended out behind you
- Head and neck into a neutral position
- Make your body as long as you can
- Complete 10 small fast kicks on your front then
- Roll over onto your back and complete another 10 kicks before rolling back over to your front
- Repeat the process until you complete the length
Things To Focus On:
- Keep your head still! Imagine your neck is in a neck brace so you can’t turn your head independently of your shoulders. They turn together.
- Head and shoulders turning together means you need to be patient with the breath, don’t rush the rotation so you can get to the breath quicker!
- Make sure the rotation is led from your core and hips NOT the head.
- Float as high as you can in the water
- Keep your head, hips and heels all in one straight line with each other
, More Rotation Drills For You: