Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Allows us to test your natural floatability
- Knowing if you float naturally or not will direct how we work on you stroke. Swimmers that sink naturally will move differently to those that float naturally.
How To Do It:
- Do the test in the shallow end of the pool where you can stand.
- Take a deep breath in and then hold your breath.
- Lift your feet up off the floor and lower your head into the water
- Tuck your body into a ball, bring your knees up to your chest and hold your shins with your hands.
- When you need to breathe, stand up.
Things To Focus On:
- Make sure you take a deep breath in. Fill up your lungs with air before you lift your feet and drop your head into the water.
- Try to relax your body as much as possible as you do the test.
- Don’t wear heavy clothes.