Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- It forces your core to activate as it is the only part of your body not floating.
- Helps you learn to bridge the gap between your legs and your arms
- Teaches you to increase your stroke rate and focus on using your upper body and core strength to keep moving forward.
How To Do It:
- Begin to swim regular freestyle with a pull buoy squeezed between your ankles.
- Keep the pull buoy squeezed tightly between your ankles.
Do not let it pop out at any point in the length
- Using a snorkel can help if you feel like the breath causes you to sink
Things To Focus On:
- Keep your core tight. This means focusing on having your hips up at the surface of the water, not sunk down beneath the surface.
- Swim with good alignment
- Keep your stroke tempo up
- Get your wrist down as your hands enter the water
- Do not over rotate your hips and shoulders