Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Teaches you to maintain a straight line from head to heels through the rotation
- Helps you learn to integrate your hips and core into your stroke
- Teaches you to keep your head still through the rotation
How To Do It:
- Laying face down in the water
- Hands at your sides
- Legs should be extended out behind you
- Head and neck into a neutral position
- Make your body as long as you can
- Keeping your head still and eyes looking down, rotate from your core until your right shoulder makes contact with your chin.
- Rotate back to the starting position then rotate your core until your left shoulder makes contact with your chin, rotate back to the starting position.
- When you need to breathe raise your head breathe in through your mouth and place your head back down in the water.
Things To Focus On:
- Float as high as you can in the water
- Keep your head, hips and heels all in one straight line with each other.
- Keep your head still! Do not move your chin to your shoulder!
- Rotate from the core, not your shoulders
, More Rotation Drills For You: