Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Teaches you to get the timing of the kick right
- Helps you learn how to connect your pull with your kick
- Teaches you how to counter balance your stroke effectively
How To Do It:
- Put one fin on one foot only.
- Begin to swim regular freestyle with only one fin.
- The fin on one leg will my you hyper aware of when that leg is kicking downward on the water.
- To start with, swim as if you are swimming in slow motion
- To get the timing of your kick right, the kick down of the leg with the fin on must coincide with the entry of the opposite arm.
- If you are wearing the fin on your right foot, as the left arm enters, your right leg must kick down.
Things To Focus On:
- Start the process slowly. Don’t rush it. Swim as if you are swimming in slow motion.
- Focus only on the leg with the fin on. Don’t try to focus on both legs. Limit your attention to the leg with the fin and the opposite arm.