Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Teaches you to use your forearm and wrist as part of your pulling paddle
- Teaches you to keep an open armpit and a high elbow through the pull
- Helps you repeatedly feel the catch phase of the stroke on your forearm and wrist
How To Do It:
- Swim freestyle with a slight twist on your hand position as it moves through the arm cycle.
- Instead of holding your hand open as you normally would, hold your hand in
the “A-Ok” position.
- This position gives you a little more feel for the water on your hands than when you are swimming with fists, but it still requires you to feel pressure on your forearm and use those as paddles to help you move forward.
Things To Focus On:
Really focus on your forearm as you do this drill. Try to find as much connection and pressure on the water as you possibly can.
- Make sure you are feeling the pressure on your arm as you push water back towards your feet!
- Close your fists tight
- Extend forward each time you enter the water
, More Catch & Pull Drills For You: