Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Allows us to focus on accelerating through to the finish of the stroke
- Teaches you to finish the pull strongly
How To Do It:
- Swim freestyle with an additional finish to each stroke
- Begin swimming regular freestyle
- As your hand exits the water at your hip, recover it over the top of the water, only to a point where it is inline with your shoulder
- Re-enter your hand into the water at this point and finish the stroke again and then repeat a third time before before recovering it back over the water and entering as you normally would in freestyle.
- Repeat the same movement pattern with the other arm.
Things To Focus On:
- Make sure you push your hand all the way past your hip before it exits to recover. Don’t pull your hand out at your belly button.
- Accelerate your hand through the finish of the stroke.
- Make sure you are pushing water backwards, towards your feet to move forwards
, More Catch & Pull Drills For You: