Understand Why We Do The Drill, :
- Teaches you how to kick from your hips
- Forces you to maintain the right tempo or cadence to your kick
- Teaches you how to maintain great posture and alignment by keeping your core tight
How To Do It:
- Move to deep-end of the pool (where it’s too deep to stand)
- Keep your body vertical so your head is out the water and your hips and feet are directly beneath your head.
- As if you are “standing up” in the deep end
- Put your hands up so they are at the surface of the water. Do not use them to help keep your head above the water.
- Kick backwards and forwards like you would in freestyle.
- Keep your body straight (head, hips and heels in a vertical line) and your head above the surface.
Things To Focus On:
- Keep the kick narrow and quick. The kick should be small and fast.
- Make sure your ankles are pointed down towards the bottom of the pool.
- Kick from your hips and core, not from your knees. Kick with a “straighter” leg.
- Keep the angle between your core and hour thighs open. Don’t “sit” into the position
, More Balance Drills For You: